Marshall Hotels & Resorts is seeking a proven Restaurant Manager at the White Horse Tavern located in front of the Clarion Inn in Harpers Ferry, WV.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all front- and back-of-the-house operations of the restaurant. The Manager will have a strong, highly visible and respectful presence with guests and employees, be an exceptional communicator, and possess the maturity to instinctively know how to treat guests with a high-level of service. The successful candidate must be able to communicate these expectations to the staff and positively motivate them to understand and execute to those expectations. Click APPLY NOW for full details.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Develop effective schedules for the staff based on levels of business and within budgetary requirements
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs according to established budgets.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization in the facility according to established sanitation requirements.
- Be present on the floor during busy service times to observe, monitor, assist and follow up on all areas of operation.
- Oversee the back of the house operations ensuring the Executive Chef maintains high standards of food presentation and sanitation.
- Provide on-going feedback to all personnel concerning all aspects of the operation.
- Evaluate, coach and counsel personnel.
- Motivate all staff members to maximize sales through training and development.
- Interact with guests on an ongoing basis to ensure that service and food quality expectations are being met.
- Handle all guest service issues in an immediate and professional manner.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed to ensure the secure handling for cash funds and bank account.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Review timecards and process payroll.
- Follow and enforce all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Perform other duties as needed
Prior management of a restaurant experience is a must!
- Minimum of 3 years work experience managing a restaurant is required.
- Knowledgeable of all menus and specifications.
- Knowledge of sanitation and back-of-the-house procedures for the kitchen staff.
- Knowledgeable of point-of-sale system and server banking.
- Knowledge of budgets, labor hours and payroll.
- Must have outstanding leadership and communication skills to effectively communicate with guests and team members.
- Ability to motivate and foster a positive work environment.
- Ability to recruit, develop and motivate team members.
- Must be knowledgeable of food service legal requirements for operation.
- Must be knowledgeable of bar service legal requirements for operation.
- Must have cash handling experience.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays.
We offer competitive wages, bonus plan based on performance, paid time off for vacation, sick and holiday as well as health, dental, vision and other benefit options.
Job Type: Full-time