Marshall Hotels & Resorts is seeking candidates for a Catering Sales Manager. Click APPLY NOW for full details.
Are you passionate about the opportunity to give people lifetime memories? To facilitate their milestones with events at a top rated facility? We’re seeking a personable and passionate Catering Sales Manager to become part of our professional team.
As a brand new hotel offering a luxury accommodations and exquisite meeting / banquet space, The Virginian Hotel will set the standard for flawless and unforgettable events. From gala weddings and distinguished social affairs, to perfectly orchestrated corporate events, our team of catering professionals will expertly produce memorable occasions.
Successful candidates will have a track record for being a hands-on professional with a passion to motivate others and a willingness to produce beyond goals and expectations. He or she will work with our experienced team to bring the utmost quality and attention to detail to all of our clients.
- Previous Hilton experience highly preferred
- Previous Catering Sales and / or Event Planning experience required
- Respond to a high volume of incoming catering opportunities including e-mails, walk-ins, phone calls and wedding website inquiries
- Booking, selling, planning and coordinating events with a special focus on weddings, and social events while assuring the highest level of customer service
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Execute contracts and BEO’s, prepare invoices for daily events and ensure timeliness of final payments and deposits
- Understand the overall wedding and social market, competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and how to sell against them
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Works directly with clients and wedding planners gathering necessary information for menu planning, floor plans, room set-up, timeliness, rental orders, décor, cost, and billing details and any other requirements pertinent to their event in a timely manner and assist with those items as necessary.
- Interacts effectively with all departments within the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction and a positive work environment
- Assists in organizing on-site bridal events and attend outside bridal shows
- Assists with maintaining social media sites including but not limited to the hotel website, Facebook, Wedding wire and The Knot
- Follow up appropriately with past appointments and report any issues and/or client inquiries to the Director of Sales
- Performs other duties as requested by management
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related industry preferred
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel, Dephi, Catering software, STS and Outlook
- Flexible work schedule; ability to work nights, weekends and holidays