Become Part of the Marshall Team……
Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development and growth across the whole organization.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Youngstown as a Catering Sales Manager who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for growing overall revenue and profitability, while maximizing customer satisfaction from pre-event planning through post-event phases of service. Solicit new and repeat business through a proactive sales approach that incorporates consultative selling skills. Cultivate and maintain relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel.
- Respond to a high volume of incoming catering opportunities including e-mails, walk-ins, phone calls and wedding website inquiries.
- Booking, selling, planning, and coordinating events with a special focus on weddings, and social events while assuring the highest level of customer service.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Execute contracts and BEO’s, prepare invoices for daily events and ensure timeliness of final payments and deposits.
- Understand the overall wedding and social market, competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, and how to sell against them.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Works directly with clients and wedding planners gathering necessary information for menu planning, floor plans, room set-up, timeliness, rental orders, décor, cost, and billing details and any other requirements pertinent to their event in a timely manner and assist with those items as necessary.
- Interacts effectively with all departments within the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction and a positive work environment.
- Assists in organizing on-site bridal events and attend outside bridal shows.
- Assists with maintaining social media sites including but not limited to the hotel website, Facebook, Wedding wire and The Knot. Follow up appropriately with past appointments and report any issues and/or client inquiries to the Director of Sales.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Sales bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Commuter Benefit options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior hotel catering sales experience or event experience required.
- Knowledge of Delphi, Word, Excel.
- Complete required Sales Reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4 years of catering sales or hospitality-related experience required.
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.