We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer to join our team at the Hyatt Place BWI located in Linthicum Heights, MD. Perks include discounts on hotel rooms, company sponsored health plans, paid time off and opportunity for growth….see our full list of benefits below.
Apply here or in person at 940 International Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090.**
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the daily operation of the Engineering Department necessary to maintain guest rooms and public areas to the highest standards.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Hotel experience preferred required.
- Computer skills enough to learn hotel operating system, MS office, and internet.
- Work a flexible schedule based on the hotel’s business needs and be available to cover shifts as needed or scheduled by the General Manager.
- Nights, Weekends, and Holidays required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Interview, hire, train, and manage engineering team to successfully achieve the objectives of the Engineering Department.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing, etc.) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Ensure the performance of preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Maintain the building exterior according to Company and brand standards.
- Maintain franchise standards and follow up on inspection deficiencies.
- Coordinate compliance of and oversee service contracts.
- Implement and maintain engineering department minimum standards.
- Must be able to use experience and knowledge to develop and manage the division’s budget.
- Actively participate in safety plans and energy improvements.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
In addition to a great work environment, the benefits our talented team enjoys:
- Employee hotel discount rates and discount rates for Friends & Family at all Hyatt hotels
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, Metlife plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k)-retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are