We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the Wyndham Garden Inn Marietta Atlanta North as a Chief Engineer who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the daily operation of the Engineering Department necessary to maintain guest rooms and public areas to the highest standards.
- Interview, hire, train, and manage engineering team to successfully achieve the objectives of the Engineering Department.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing, etc.) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Ensure the performance of preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Service the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior according to Company and brand standards.
- Maintain franchise standards and follow up on inspection deficiencies.
- Coordinate compliance of and oversee service contracts.
- Implement and maintain engineering department minimum standards.
- Assist General Manager with capital plan development.
- Actively participate in safety plans and energy improvements.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
5 Years of experience as a Chief Engineer at a similarly sized property is required.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Must always maintain a professional appearance and manner. Must communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly.
- Must be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
- Must be able to use your extensive knowledge and talent for team management to ensure operations are smooth and facilities fully functioning for optimal guest experience; ensure equipment is well maintained and maintenance contracts are expertly negotiated and valid; and conduct inspections and drills.
- Must be able to lead a motivated team of maintenance techs by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle. Must be able to create an environment that is engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance.
- Must be able to use experience and knowledge to develop and manage the divisions budget and capital expenditure plan.
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com