As Director of Rooms/Director of Operations, you would be responsible for directing and overseeing Front Desk Operations, the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager / Area General Manager to actively manage key property issues (including capital projects; customer service; refurbishment)
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short- and long-term hotel strategic goals.
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analyzed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action.
- Support the Front Desk Manager in the daily operations of the Front Office Department.
- Direct and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state, and local regulations.
- Conduct facility inspections.
- Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitations, including, but not limited to, scheduling, budgeting, and complying with contractor bidding standard.
- Obtain required licenses and permits to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations, and safety standards.
- Direct department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, adherence to federal, state, and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Monitor and develop team member performance including providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognition and reward.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Recruit, interview, and train team members.
- Comply and exceed hotel and company Service Standards.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Commuter Benefit options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
The Director of Rooms/Director of Operations serving Hilton brands is champion of our Guests and works sided by side with team members to ensure the smooth running of operations. To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications, attitude, behaviors, skills, and values:
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in the same or similar role.
- A degree in Hotel Management or equivalent preferred.
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management.
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results.
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets.
- Accountable and resilient with the ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems including ONQ.