We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North as a Director of Sales who can help lead the property to sustainable success. The ideal candidate is one who has experience working in a limited service hotel environment with Corporations, SMERF, Groups and the Government market. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic sales leader.
- Effectively source out new corporate clients.
- Continue relationships with current clients and identify new business from a result of the relationship.
- The ability to actively sell using a “grass root” sales mentality.
- Use of internet prospecting to identify and close new business.
- Work with Regional Sales Director to achieve required sales goals.
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts, and promotions.
- Respond to all sales inquiries, RFP’s, and other leads accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- Type correspondence, reports, and necessary forms i.e. contracts, as well as prepare proposals or other letters as directed.
- Team management experience required.
- Other duties as determined by hotel management.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Sales bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AFLAC plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending
- Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years of Director of Sales experience in hospitality.
- Branded hotel experience preferred; Marriott experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Sales Systems.
- Complete required Sales Reports.
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com or for future consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.