Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the beautiful newly renovated Staybridge Suites Auburn as a Director of Sales who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO.
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture, and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization.
- Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities.
- Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Continue relationships with current clients and identify new business from a result of the relationship.
- The ability to actively sell using a “grass root” sales mentality.
- Use of internet prospecting to identify and close new business.
- Work with Regional Sales Director to achieve required personal and team-related sales goals.
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts, and promotions.
- Respond to all sales inquiries, RFP’s, and other leads accurately, timely, and in a professional manner.
- Type correspondence, reports, and necessary forms i.e. contracts, as well as prepare proposals or other letters as directed
- Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Team management experience required.
- Other duties as determined by hotel management.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Sales bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday, and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
- A History of Excellence
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years of Director of Sales experience in hospitality.
- Branded hotel experience preferred; IHG experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Sales Systems, Word, Excel.
- Complete required Sales Reports.
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.