Marshall Hotels & Resorts is seeking a proven Director of Sales & Marketing candidate who has experience working in limited service hotel environment with Corporations, Groups and Associations in a mid-market area. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic sales leader at the Hampton Inn Salisbury located at 121 E. Naylor Mill Road, Salisbury, MD 21804. Click APPLY NOW for full details.
To successful candidate will supervise the overall sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervision of sales related personnel, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining guest and associate satisfaction.
- Effectively source out new corporate clients
- Continue relationships with current clients and identify new business from a result of the relationship
- The ability to actively sell using a “grass root” sales mentality
- Use of internet prospecting to identify and close new business
- Work with Regional Sales Director to achieve required sales goals
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions
- Respond to all sales inquiries, RFP’s and other leads accurately, timely and in a professional manner
- Attend all high profile events hosted in the hotel.
- Attend civic meetings ensuring a positive rapport and relationships with area decision and opinion leaders including but not limited to, local chamber, convention and visitors bureau, rotary, et al.
- Type correspondence, reports and necessary forms i.e. contracts, as well as prepare proposals or other letters as needed
- Team management experience required
- Other duties as determined by hotel management
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
- Create new ways of presenting information that will attract peoples’ attention.
- Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Frequently change from one activity to another.
- Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color.
- Work with all kinds of people.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven Director of Sales experience in a hotel is required
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and sales processes
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records
- Hilton experience is a plus
- Travel will be required as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds