Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the soon to be renovated Sheraton Airport and Conference Center Grand Rapids by Marriott as a Director of Sales & Marketing who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization.
The Sheraton Airport and Conference Center Grand Rapids by Marriott is slated to open mid-2022. We are looking for an experienced candidate to start now and lead the sales and marketing effort for this $14 million dollar renovation bringing one of Grand Rapids largest hotel and conference centers back to being the leader in the market.
- Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group / catering related opportunities.
- Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Continue relationships with current clients and identify new business from a result of the relationship.
- The ability to actively sell using a “grass root” sales mentality.
- Use of internet prospecting to identify and close new business.
- Work with Regional Sales Director to achieve required personal and team related sales goals.
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts, and promotions.
- Respond to all sales inquiries, RFP’s, and other leads accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- Ability to analyze financial and competitive data to make informed decisions.
- Type correspondence, reports, and necessary forms i.e. contracts, as well as prepare proposals or other letters as directed
- Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Team management and strong leadership qualities required.
- Prior experience leading, motivating and managing successful sales teams.
- Other duties as determined by hotel management.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Sales bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 years of Director of Sales & Marketing experience in a full-service environment.
- Brand experience preferred; Marriott experience highly preferred.
- Pre-opening experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Sales Systems, Word, Excel.
- Complete required Sales Reports.
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records.
- Thorough understanding of revenue and budgets development and implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com