Full Job Description
Become Part of the Marshall Team……
Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead and Residence Inn Long Island East End as an Executive Chef who can help lead the properties to sustainable success.
The Executive Chef is responsible for all aspects of managing Food and Banquet Operations and personnel, ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Coordinates the purchase of all food and menu development while maintaining approved food and labor costs, to include monthly inventories to verify budgeted food costs will be maintained.
The following are examples only and are not intended to be all-inclusive or restrictive; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Manage and direct a diverse crew of culinary professionals.
- Hire, coach, train and direct all culinary staff members.
- Maintain proper scheduling, employee reviews and initiate pay changes as needed.
- Develop Sous Chef and Lead Cook to take on additional leadership and management duties.
- Directly responsible for control of labor costs.
- Establish presentation techniques and ensure quality standards.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, proper safety, and sanitation policies.
- Responsible for all purchasing and planning of banquets as well as all outlets.
- Achieve 100% guest satisfaction through plate presentation and taste.
- Stay current and in compliance with all Brand Standards.
- Maintain a positive attitude which supports a team environment.
- Promote positive public relations with special dietary requests and meet with potential wedding clients for tastings.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions, safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management and security.
- Solicit employee feedback, utilizes an open-door policy, and follow up with employees’ concerns to identify and address these issues.
- Work closely with Sales & Catering to foster a client-oriented team environment and successful result.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
- Four years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills within the Heart-of-the House.
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to BOH payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses.
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with employees and guests.
- Maintain Serve Safe certification for self and supervisory food & beverage personnel.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AFLAC plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com
Location: 2038 Old Country Road, Riverhead, NY 11901
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Multiple locations