Full Job Description
Become Part of the Marshall Team……
Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the SpringHill Suites Winchester as an Executive Housekeeper who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for the daily operation of the Housekeeping Department necessary to maintain guest rooms and public areas to the highest standards.
- Supervises housekeeping and laundry staff: hiring, terminating, performance evaluations, training, and development.
- Assists general manager in the development of the department’s annual budget. Monitors performance against plan.
- Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, inventories (linen, terry, OS&E and cleaning supplies).
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted business levels.
- Prepares daily assignment sheets for all housekeeping and laundry associates.
- Maintains cleanliness quality based on hotel objectives and brand standards.
- Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in event areas, storage areas, restrooms and public areas and offices.
- Compiles and reports accurate status of “the house” to the front desk department.
- Works with the General Manager to enforce standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Maintains standard procedures for security of rented and leased equipment.
- Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Works with finance to conducts formal inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Checks all vacant rooms and spaces, public spaces, storage areas and rest areas each day.
- Maintains departmental key control.
- Maintains deep cleaning program.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Conducts monthly department meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Complete projects as directed by management.
Over two year’s managerial experience in Housekeeping or a hospitality service-related field with high customer/client contact required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
- Ability to use working knowledge of working environment to meet established goals and objectives.
- Computer skills to include: Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and ability to learn front office system.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com
Location: 280 Market Street, Winchester, VA 22603
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
- One location