Marshall Hotels & Resorts is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team at the Distrikt Hotel as a Front Desk Agent.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service, and closing out guest accounts upon completion of stay, as well as ensuring the guest has an exceptional stay, to meet hotel’s high standards of quality. Click APPLY NOW for full details.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys, certificates, and coupons as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office areas.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash; make change and balance as assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out and ensure guest’s satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines, may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating and air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion. Keeps the corridors and service area neat at all times.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Perform any related duties as requested by supervisor/manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Hotel may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below, when applicable.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicates effectively.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously performs essential job functions.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds maximum.
- Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking.
- Frequent talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.