Full Job Description
Become Part of the Marshall Team……
Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the Francis Scott Key Family Resort as a Front Office Manager/Assistant General Manager who can help lead the property to sustainable success. The Front Office Manager/Assistant General Manager is responsible for the rooms department, including the front desk operations and to help ensure the overall guest experience is held to the highest standards.
- Leads and motivates team members, managing daily workflow, providing communication and a positive work environment.
- Ensures clear communication with housekeeping of status of vacant rooms and rooms ready for occupancy.
- Remains highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Monitors and maintains guest experience to ensure overall high level of guest satisfaction.
- Supervises and motivates all team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities of Front Desk Agents and Night Audit Team in accordance with policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Organize, conduct, and engage in team and department meetings to keep team members current with necessary information.
- Orders supplies as necessary.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Control labor and expenses by ensuring proper staffing; productivity and inventory levels are consistent and accurate; evaluates, measures, and tracks all service, performance, and productivity standards.
- Maintains and generates data reports regarding budgets and service enhancements.
- Practice proper ordering procedures using purchase orders and budget guidelines for tracking.
- Understand all financial aspects of relevant departments, including a general comprehension of P&Ls and budgeting guidelines as determined by the General Manager.
- Monitor all V.I.P.’s, special guests and requests.
- Supports night audit shifts as needed.
- Performs Manager on Duty shift on a regular basis.
- Exhibits a “hands on” management style and works shifts at the desk on a regular basis.
- Manage Third Party Portals by verifying payments and cancellations as well as responding to Guest Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s supervisory experience in front office operations or a hospitality service-related field with high customer/client contact required.
- Experience in a franchised hotel property preferred; Resort experience highly preferred.
- Verifiable history of leading teams to success in terms of guest satisfaction (branded hotel GSS or similar scores).
- Professional references from within the hospitality industry.
- Organized, goal oriented, self-motivated, and energetic with a strong desire to achieve success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of guest satisfaction and front office procedures.
- Ability to use working knowledge of working environment to meet established goals and objectives.
- Computer skills with the ability to learn front office system.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com
Location: 12806 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- One location