We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team as a Task Force General Manager at the Holiday Inn Solomons Marina and Conference Center who can help lead a property to sustainable success. This is a temporary position with the potential to become a permanent opportunity.
The successful candidate is one that values his or her associates based on the understanding that it is the line managers and staff members that create the service environment and the Guest experience that ensures success in our hotels. While the successful candidate need not be certified in the accounting field, he or she will be responsible for reading and understanding the property’s budget and profit and loss statements; be able to affect change in expenses to accommodate revenue variations; oversee staffing levels and understand the impact of labor costs; and be able to support the day-to-day sales effort and marketing initiatives. Human resource management and the creation of a “team culture” is a key component to the success of this individual. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure property hiring and employee practices comply with company and legal requirements striving for a culturally diverse workforce.
- Select, train, and direct department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts, and promotions.
- Lead the sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Aggressively reduce accidents and minimize worker’s compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs.
- Perform a high level of oversight of Food & Beverage operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- General Manager bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
Only those candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a General Manager.
- Full-service experience required.
- F&B experience is required.
- Verifiable history of leading a hotel to success in terms of financial performance (P&L), guest satisfaction (branded hotel GSS or similar scores), and revenue performance (STAR)Track record of employment stability.
- Thorough understanding of budget creation and implementation.
- Professional references from the hospitality industry.
- Experience working through a PIP preferred.
- Organized, goal oriented, self-motivated and energetic with a strong desire to achieve success.
- Ability to drive GOP, Flow thru and NOI per key.
- IHG experience a plus.
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at http://www.marshallhotels.com or for future consideration, email your resume to email@example.com.