Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the SpringHill Suites Winchester as a General Manager who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization.
The successful candidate is one that values his or her associates based on the understanding that it is the line managers and staff members that create the service environment and the Guest experience that ensures success in our hotels. While the successful candidate need not be certified in the accounting field, he or she will be responsible for reading and understanding the property’s budget and profit and loss statements; be able to affect change in expenses to accommodate revenue variations; oversee staffing levels and understand the impact of labor costs; and be able to support the day-to-day sales effort and marketing initiatives. Human resource management and the creation of a “team culture” is a key component to the success of this individual. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure property hiring and employee practices comply with company and legal requirements striving for a culturally diverse workforce
- Select, train, and direct department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts, and promotions
- Lead the sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times
- Aggressively reduce accidents, and minimize worker’s compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Only those candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years’ experience as a General Manager
- Experienced GM with Marriott-brand experience given preferred
- Verifiable history of leading a hotel to success in terms of financial performance (P&L), guest satisfaction (branded hotel GSS or similar scores), and revenue performance (STAR)Track record of employment stability
- Thorough understanding of budget creation and implementation
- Professional references from the hospitality industry
- Experience working through a PIP preferred
- Organized, goal oriented, self-motivated, and energetic with a strong desire to achieve success
- Ability to drive GOP, Flow thru and NOI per key
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- General Manager bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com or for future consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.