Marshall Hotels & Resorts is seeking a proven General Manager candidate that can lead a property to sustainable success.
We are currently seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee all facets of the Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites located in Easton, MD. This property requires a hands on professional to oversee the day-to-day operations and financial performance of the hotel in cooperation with Marshall’s proven corporate support structure. Click Apply Now for full details.
The successful candidate is one that values his or her associates based on the understanding that it is the line managers and staff members that create the service environment and the Guest experience that ensures success in our hotels. While the successful candidate need not be certified in the accounting field, he or she will be responsible for reading and understanding the property’s budget and profit and loss statements; be able to affect change in expenses to accommodate revenue variations; oversee staffing levels and understand the impact of labor costs; and be able to support the day-to-day sales effort and marketing initiatives. Human resource management and the creation of a “team culture” is a key component to the success of this individual. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure property hiring and employee practices comply with company and legal requirements striving for a culturally diverse workforce
- Select, train, and direct department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions
- Lead the sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times
- Aggressively reduce accidents, and minimize worker’s compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs
- Perform a high level of oversight of Food & Beverage operations
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Only those candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a General Manager of a branded hotel property.
- Experienced GM with Best Western experience given preferred consideration
- Verifiable history of leading a hotel to success in terms of financial performance (P&L), guest satisfaction (branded hotel GSS or similar scores), and revenue performance (STAR)Track record of employment stability
- Thorough understanding of budget creation and implementation
- Professional references from the hospitality industry
- Experience working through a PIP preferred
- Organized, goal oriented, self-motivated and energetic with a strong desire to achieve success
- Ability to drive GOP, Flow thru and NOI per key