Marshall Hotels & Resorts is seeking a proven opening and full-service General Manager. The successful candidate will complete the pre-opening requirements of the property and continue through the opening with the ability to lead the property to sustainable success. Click APPLY NOW for full details.
The property is currently under construction. The experienced General Manager will oversee all facets of this Wyndham Hotel, a full-service property located at 108 East First Street in downtown Macon, GA. When completed, the hotel will offer 283 guest rooms, 22,000 square feet of meeting space and an on-site restaurant. This property requires a hands-on professional to help oversee the day-to-day operations and financial performance of the hotel in cooperation with Marshall’s proven corporate support structure.
The successful candidate is one that values his or her associates based on the understanding that it is the line managers and staff members that create the service environment and the Guest experience that ensures success in our hotels. While the successful candidate need not be certified in the accounting field, he or she will be responsible for reading and understanding the property’s budget and profit and loss statements; be able to affect change in expenses to accommodate revenue variations; oversee staffing levels and understand the impact of labor costs; and be able to support the day-to-day sales effort and marketing initiatives. Human resource management and the creation of a “team culture” is a key component to the success of this individual. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure property hiring and employee practices comply with company and legal requirements striving for a culturally diverse workforce
- Select, train, and direct department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times
- Aggressively reduce accidents, and minimize worker’s compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs
- Perform a high level of oversight of Food & Beverage operations
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives