Marshall Hotels & Resorts is seeking an experienced and proven General Manager candidate to oversee all facets of the Insignia Hotel, an Ascend Collection, located in Brooklyn, NY. This property requires a hands on professional to oversee the day-to-day operations and financial performance of the hotel in cooperation with Marshall’s proven corporate support structure. Click APPLY NOW for full details.
The successful candidates value his or her associates based on the understanding that it is the line managers and staff members that create the service environment and the Guest experience that ensures success in our hotels. While the successful candidate needs not be certified in the accounting field, he or she will be responsible for reading and understanding the property’s budget and profit and loss statements; be able to affect change in expenses to accommodate revenue variations; oversee staffing levels and understand the impact of labor costs; and be able to support the day-to-day sales effort and marketing initiatives. Human resource management and the creation of a “team culture” is a key component to the success of this individual. In addition, successful candidates will:
- Ensure property hiring and employee practices comply with company and legal requirements striving for a culturally diverse workforce
- Select, train, and direct department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times
- Aggressively reduce accidents, and minimize worker’s compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
Only those candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Prefer minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a General Manager in a branded hotel; Choice experienced preferred.
- Verifiable history of leading a hotel to success in terms of financial performance (P&L), guest satisfaction (branded hotel GSS or similar scores), and revenue performance (STAR)Track record of employment stability
- Thorough understanding of budget creation and implementation
- Professional references from within the hospitality industry
- Organized, goal oriented, self-motivated and energetic with a strong desire to achieve success
- Ability to drive GOP, Flow thru and NOI
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Learn more about what sets us apart at our website www.marshallhotels.com.