Become Part of the Marshall Team…
Marshall Hotels & Resorts is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the beautiful newly renovated Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg as a Human Resources Manager who can help lead the property to sustainable success.
Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
First and foremost, we are all here to assist our guests. Everything else is secondary. If you don’t see our associates assisting a guest, you’re bound to watch them assisting someone who is…….Mike Marshall, President & CEO
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development and growth across the whole organization.
About This Job
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing duties at the professional level in all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, benefits management and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. Our Human Resources Manager must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the business needs.
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but must be flexible to adjust start and end times and be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on business needs.
- Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints and questions.
- Coaches, counsels, and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism to ensure proper documentation is issued.
- Responds to all unemployment notices in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Monitors employee performance evaluations to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Reports, maintains, and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Conducts new hire orientation meetings and schedules on-the-job training for new hires.
- Schedules required brand training to include safety and on-boarding requirements for each department.
- Enrolls new hire employees in the proper brand training sessions.
- Monitors and schedules training needs to ensure compliance with brand requirements.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt employees; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checks; extends job offers.
- Coordinates scheduling of temporary workers with outside agencies based on business needs.
- Schedules and conducts new-employee orientations.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans; ensures timely communication and assists associates with questions.
- Ensures employees complete benefits enrollment timely; ensures cancellation and changes are processed in a timely manner.
- Facilitates annual open enrollment communication and supports the process by assisting associates as needed.
- Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Compiles payroll data such as garnishments, vacation and sick time and any other benefit deductions that affect the processing of payroll.
- Reviews timecards from the electronic timekeeping system for completeness and accuracy and to ensure all time is approved by department supervisors.
- Contacts various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Processes bi-weekly transfer of payroll data to outside vendor for processing; review final register to ensure accuracy.
- Compiles internal management reports from payroll system software as needed to support corporate and hotel requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field preferred with a with a minimum of 3 years of HR Generalist experience.
- Professional certification in human resources from either SHRM or HRCI a plus.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Previous hotel experience a plus, Hilton experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and application of human resource management policies, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of employment law, regulations, and best practices in human resources
- Knowledge of administration of employee benefits and payroll systems and exporting
- Skills in performance management, employee relations and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of methods to drive employee engagement
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and achieve a high degree of accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong skills in client service and strong written and verbal communication skills
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.