We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manager of Accounting Systems and Reporting to join our Accounting team. The ideal candidate will currently possess a 4-year Degree in Accounting / Finance or Equivalent Experience.
Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest services is the top priority.
- Lead installation and maintain M3 Insight and other emerging and timely M3 enhancements; lead M3 team on installing changes, updates, and improvements at the corporate level.
- Work with Regional Controllers to train and install any property level enhancements to reporting tools in place.
- Assist with treasury management functions including banking and merchant processing systems, online portal access and facilitate onboarding and offboarding of portfolio accounts.
- Identify enhancements in process for all software and tools used by accounting; install, train, and maintain enhancements; must currently possess a demonstrated ability to accomplish.
- Research necessary taxing statutes for state and local ordinance sales, use and occupancy tax collection.
- Research and determine exemption rules and requirements, working closely with Regional Controller to create and install property-level reconciliation tools.
You can expect to experience strong and supportive leadership, transparent and effective management of our human resources, employee engagement, a collaborative and supportive culture and a strong track record in staff retention, learning, professional development, and growth across the whole organization. In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations.
Successful candidates must possess the following skills:
- Experience as hospitality accountant.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in M3, including financial designer, Insight, and other high-level back-end functions.
- Experience structuring financial statements in M3.
- Experience with Treasury Management, bank account oversight, merchant processing set-up, and maintenance of correct banking and loan covenants.
- Possess a high level of integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work to limit exposure to sensitive information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to deadlines and checklists.
- Highly self-motivated.
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com or for future consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.