We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced hospitality professional to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton as the Operations Manager. The successful candidate is responsible for key property issues, F&B, rooms department, including the front desk operations and housekeeping, to help ensure the overall guest experience for our hotel is held to the highest standards.
As Operations Manager, you would be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the hotel to achieve and exceed revenue and guest satisfaction. While there is certainly an element of prestige that comes with achieving this stature, the hours are still long and the work equally as demanding, if not more so. This person will work closely with the GM and learn to run the property to effectively take over in time.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager to manage key property issues, F&B, Front Office, Housekeeping, customer service (Salt scores), etc.
- Develop annual hotel budget and a 3-year Capital budget.
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company, Hilton QA’s. Ensure that continual improvement is achieved.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Comply and exceed hotel and Hilton QA service scores.
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analyzed to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action and achieve a 50% flow.
- Manage and develop the department heads to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company.
- Do annual reviews for all department heads and ensure reviews are being completed for the employees from the department heads.
- Seek and respond to guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work with HR Manager to ensure all training is completed timely and for all employees where applicable.
- Hold communication meetings with the department heads and their teams.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all reports to Marshall and Hilton.
- Conduct public space and room inspections of the hotel to identify areas to be repaired.
- Will be expected to be on call 24 hours a day in the event of emergencies or other urgent situations.
- Other duties as specified by the General Manager.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
The Operations Manager is champion of our Guests and works sided by side with team members to ensure the smooth running of operations. To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications, attitude, behaviors, skills, and values:
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in the same or similar role.
- Hilton experience preferred.
- A degree in Hotel Management or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience Rooms Management.
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results.
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets.
- Accountable and resilient with the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with OnQ property management system is preferred.
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity is not the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at http://www.marshallhotels.com or submit your resume for future consideration.