We are currently seeking a highly motivated and outgoing hospitality professional to join our team as a Task Force Director of Sales who can help lead the company to sustainable success. The ideal candidate is one who has experience working in a fast-paced hotel environment with Corporations, Groups and Associations. This position will be 90% travel each week and you must be comfortable making outside sales calls. The position will be based out of Virginia or Maryland.
The Task Force Director of Sales is responsible for traveling to Marshall Hotels & Resorts hotels and filling in for open Director of Sales positions or providing additional support to properties as needed. The Task Force Director of Sales is responsible for completing sales functions of the assigned hotel including soliciting accounts to meet or exceed hotel revenue goals.
The Task Force Director of Sales is responsible for topline revenue of the hotel as well as all operations of the Sales department. This role is an ambassador for the hotel, which entails providing strong leadership and strategic planning with all departments in support of our service culture. The Task Force Director of Sales will work closely with new and existing accounts as well as community partners.
- Maintain and promote a team-work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers through positive leadership.
- Sets example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers and observance of sales office standards.
- Provide pricing and guidance recommendations to sales staff, review and approve any special corporate negotiated rates.
- Responsible for learning the hotel brand and strategy.
- Develop a working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including food and beverage, guest services, reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge and ensure adherence to company sales policies and SOPs.
- Drive customer loyalty in order to grow share of the account by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Manage group or business travel accounts in assigned market segments to maximize business potential.
- Negotiate group business, guest room rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within assigned markets that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals.
- Negotiate contracts according to company standards.
- Manage and execute RFP Season Annually by facilitating the process in conjunction with the GM and/or Sales Manager.
- Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation, closing, and customer communications are complete and documented.
- Identify and pursue new and repeat business through prospecting calls, visits, site tours, lunches, and networking events.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked. (generating proposals, contracts, and customer correspondence)
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Analyze sales and revenue management reports to identify trends and future demand opportunities Monitor pricing, MAR and other minimums to ensure pricing is within an acceptable range based on available inventory, current sales/revenue strategies and market demand.
- Work with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of the strategies for each segment.
- Facilitate frequent Sales and Revenue communication that provides recommendation and guidance to the hotel on a regular basis.
- Facilitates training with Front Desk Agents and/or FOM on sales initiatives and best practices and encourages an “everyone sales” mentality.
- Conducts daily/weekly sales meetings.
- Attend and contribute to all revenue and sales strategy meetings and calls.
- Participates in forecasting for revenue and expenses.
- Understand, leverage, and implement corporate and brand tools to exceed budgets.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition.
- Conducts weekly and monthly share analysis for measurement of hotels market performance versus competition and implements strategies accordingly in conjunction with the Regional Director of Sales, Regional Director of Revenue Management, and GM.
- Initiates collateral and online marketing efforts to include all printed sales collateral, direct mail, discount promotions, e-mail marketing, website presence and tracks ROI on all advertising and marketing spend.
- Prepares annual marketing/business and budget plans.
- Set and monitor team member goals including weekly sales activities, room night and revenue goals monthly, quarterly, yearly.
- Provides ongoing feedback, training and development of team members and addresses areas of opportunity.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Provide continual analysis of lost business reasons and notify property and corporate of on-going trends.
- Operate the sales department within established sales expense budget.
- Coordinate, prepare, and submit any required reports as requested by the Regional team or GM.
- Work with the Executive VP of Sales and Marketing, Regional Vice President of Operations, and Regional Revenue Managers.
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hospitality Degree, 3 years of sales experience, or full / limited-service experience a plus
- Ability to be out in the market, attend networking events, etc. to find business. This is not an inside sales position 5 days a week.
- Branded hotel experience a plus
- Knowledge of STS, Delphi FDC, and all Microsoft office products
- Complete required weekly sales report
- Ability to read and decipher financial reports and records.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel 90% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- All other duties as assigned.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive compensation
- Sales bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. If you decide this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, please visit our website to view other opportunities at www.marshallhotels.com